If you’ve looked online for laser hair removal, you’ve likely stumbled upon stories about how painful it can be. It’s time to dispel a myth! Painless laser hair removal in Arlington, Virginia IS possible, and here’s how.
Does Laser Hair Removal Technology Make a Difference In Sensation?
Yes, it does! Technology is something that is ever-evolving, especially in the cosmetic and medical aesthetics industries. Manufacturers are always looking for ways to make treatments more comfortable for patients, and systems like the Sciton Bare HR have nailed it.
Not only does Bare HR offer a virtually pain-free laser hair removal experience through the use of a cooling feature, but it can also safely be used on all skin types. This newer, faster laser hair removal device has settings that can be adjusted to meet your specific needs.
One benefit of laser hair removal many patients aren’t aware of is how it promotes healthy skin. The heat produced during treatment is not only safe and painless but actually stimulates the production of collagen and elastin, two proteins that are needed for firm and youthful skin.
Should I Prepare for Laser Hair Removal?
You absolutely should prepare for laser hair removal. Making sure your skin is in tip-top shape also makes a difference in your comfort level during painless laser hair removal in Arlington, Virginia.
So, what skin prep steps should you take for a pleasant laser hair removal experience? Let’s take a look:
- Stop plucking and waxing. Laser hair removal targets the roots of your hair. You want to leave the hair root intact. The best way to do that is to shave the treatment area and avoid all other methods of hair removal.
- Stop using bleach. It is the pigment in hair that absorbs the laser energy. By bleaching your hair, you’ll make laser hair removal ineffective.
- Protect your skin. Two weeks prior to your laser hair removal appointment, it is essential you avoid harmful UV rays, both natural and artificial. Stay out of tanning beds, and always use sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher.
- Be mindful of your medications. There are some medicines that cause photosensitivity which can make your skin prone to blistering and burning. Other meds can interfere with your laser hair removal results. Tell your provider about all medication and supplements you are taking in case you need to adjust them. Be sure to get the okay from your prescribing healthcare provider before making any changes to your medication.
- Go to the gym before laser hair removal. Enjoy a good workout? That’s great, but sweating can cause bacteria to enter your skin. Because your skin is sensitive after laser hair removal, sweating can lead to infection. Hold off on strenuous activity for at least 48 hours after treatment.
- Reschedule other aesthetic procedures. This applies to anything you plan to have done to the treatment site. If you are having laser hair removal on your face, speak to your provider about when it is safe to schedule procedures like Botox, filler, chemical peels, or microdermabrasion.
- Go to your laser hair removal appointment with clean skin. Bath as usual with a gentle cleanser. Don’t use exfoliants or harsh chemicals on your skin prior to your appointment. On the morning of your laser hair removal session, arrive with clean skin. No perfumes, deodorants, lotions, or oils.
For Silky Smooth Skin After Painless Laser Hair Removal, Here’s What to Do Next!
Contact us at 703-255-5070 to book your consultation if you’re searching for painless laser hair removal in Arlington, Virginia! Our team at the clinical and dermatology practice of Dr. Marjan Yousefi is excited to share more with you about laser hair removal.